Cleaning jobs at NTW Solutions
We are really glad you are thinking of working with us
Hello I’m Tracey, Managing Director of NTW Solutions
As Managing Director of NTW Solutions I am really glad you are thinking of coming to work with us. Our people are at the absolute heart of what we do and our services are based on having great people work for us.
We know from our staff survey that people like working here and people love the friendly and supportive teams we have. We strive to be a great and inclusive place to work and having an inclusive workforce is something I’m passionate about.
Most of our staff work alongside people using NHS services and it can be a challenge at times but that is what makes it rewarding.
We live by our values of being caring and compassionate, respectful, honest and transparent and it shapes everything we do. What we do makes a real difference to people’s lives and our jobs are interesting and varied.
I wish you good luck in the recruitment process.
Hello I’m Lottie, Site Manager
It’s great you are interested in joining us.
Our team of Domestics keep our buildings clean and tidy and provide a great service to patients, visitors and staff. You could be cleaning a hospital ward, patient bedroom or office areas and corridors. Because we provide services to the NHS your work supports better patient care. It’s important work and you will need to take pride in what you do and complete tasks to a high standard.
If you work on a hospital ward you will be working alongside patients who have mental health conditions, learning disabilities or brain injuries. You could be cleaning their rooms and the shared areas on the ward and you will get to know them and the clinical staff and you’ll feel part of the team. It can be a real challenge working on wards like ours but we also know that our staff find it rewarding.
We will help you get settled in and give you the support and training you need. We have friendly and supportive teams here and our staff survey tells us that people love working here and find what they do really rewarding.
Interested in applying?
You can find out more about the job of a Domestic and more about NTW Solutions on this page, as well as details about how to apply
You can find our jobs and apply through the Health Jobs website. Click the button to see all our jobs and apply now.
Or email us your details
Or you can email us your CV, or if you don’t have a CV email us with some information about you and your work history. Click the button below to email us now.
What is it like to be a Domestic?
Hear from two of our Domestics about what the job is like and what it is like to work here
Hi, I’m Rachel
Being a Domestic is a good job, you come in, get your tasks, get it done within the day and have a bit of a chat with patients and staff while you’re at it. There is the satisfaction of doing a job well and you can see that something is clean where it wasn’t before
I’m a floating member of staff which means I see the whole hospital and move around different wards and buildings. I get to meet the whole range of patients and all the different staff members and nursing assistants. It makes it really varied and interesting.
One thing that makes this job different from any other cleaning job is the patients and if you’re cleaning their bedroom say you end up chatting to them and one conversation can brighten their day. I know them all by first name and they know mine and ask about my day, it makes me smile!
Honestly, it’s just so friendly here! On my first day I had that gut-wrenching feeling, but everyone was just so nice and it’s so easy to fit in, and it’s those little things that make you want to come into work. I even told my brother to apply because I knew he’d love it!
Hello, I’m Ian
Being a Domestic is so much more than just cleaning because you are in wards with patients with all kinds of mental health issues and to be honest that can be challenging.
But it’s the patients that make the job so different and rewarding. You get to know the patients and they remember your name, shake your hand and you can have good chat with them!
I know in some places people might see you as ‘just a cleaner’ but coming here you don’t feel any different to anyone else on the team. The people here are friendly and you really feel part of a team regardless of what job you do.
Everyday is different for sure. You start the day off seeing the team, get a cuppa sorted, then you get your sheets with exactly what you’re doing and where.
Once you know what you’re doing you’re trusted to go get the job done. The supervisors are there to help if you need it, but you get on with the job until it’s done.
Got any questions?
If you have any questions we would be happy to help if you email us. Click the button below to email us now.
Or message us on Facebook
If you have any questions you can also message us on Facebook. Click the button below to message us on Facebook now.
Who are NTW Solutions?
NTW Solutions Limited is proud to provide services to the NHS. We keep hospitals clean and patients fed and we keep buildings running and grounds tidy. Our pharmacy team ensures patients get the medicine they need, and our workforce team recruits people onto the frontline. We transcribe thousands of important medical letters, provide a lease car service to keep people on the move, and ensure suppliers are paid on time.
We are dedicated to being a great inclusive place to work. We provide a wide range of benefits including a good rate of pay and pension and an extensive range of discounts. We care about health and wellbeing and offer a range of support for the people who work here.
We believe everyone has potential and welcome applications from people from a culturally diverse background, those who are LGBTQ+, people with disabilities, anyone who is unemployed or has been out of work for a period of time, or those who have served in our armed forces.
We were set up by Cumbria, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust to provide support services. As a limited company we have built a commercial ethos onto our NHS values and now provide our services to other NHS organisations and beyond.
We make a difference to people’s lives and working here is fulfilling and rewarding. Our social purpose is also driving our plans to become net zero and to tackle discrimination and champion equality. Working here means joining a friendly bunch of people dedicated to supporting better care.
Find out more about us
Find out more about who we are and the services we provide
Benefits of working here
Find out more about the benefits of working at NTW Solutions
Meet Some Of Our Teams
Meet some of the people who work at NTW Solutions and hear more about what they do
A day in the life
Find our more about what we do and the how we support better care
Our Charitable Work
Find out more about the charities that we support
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
Find out more about how we strive to be a great and inclusive employer
Our Green Plan
Find our more about our work to become net zero
The small print
Well, it’s not quite the small print but here you can find the full details of the job
What does the job involve?
- Carrying out a range of cleaning tasks in
- areas such as offices,
- public areas such as corridors,
- areas which patients use such as shared spaces on wards as well as bedrooms and bathrooms
- Cleaning tasks can include things like
- dusting of walls, ceilings and curtain rails,
- dusting and polishing of furniture and paintwork,
- hoovering of carpets
- mopping floors
- Being able to follow instructions and follow a routine work schedule which sets out your tasks and carry out those duties often without supervision
- Being aware of the patients that you will be working alongside and work in a way that is respectful, caring and compassionate
- You will need to be aware of health and safety and work in a way that maintains the safety of yourself and others and you will know when to report issues
- You will use equipment and cleaning products safely, adhering to all control of substances harmful to health (COSHH) rules and regulations
- Understanding infection prevention and control rules and adhering to them
- Completing any paperwork such as quality checks and any other documentation required
- Help with any cleaning audits or other surveys and inspections that take place
- Taking part in any training that you need to do and keep up to date with all company communications
- Helping new starters settle in and become familiar with cleaning processes
- You will understand that you have access to confidential information, such as the names of people receiving treatment, and will protect that information and keep it confidential
- Being aware of safeguarding issues where patients or others may be in danger and knowing who to report issues to
- Maintaining a neat and tidy appearance and follow our uniform protocol and standards
- You will be respectful of other people and work in a way that supports equality, diversity and inclusion
- You will demonstrate our company values our values of being caring and compassionate, respectful, and honest and transparent in all that you do
What kind of skills and experience do people need to do this job?
- Any previous cleaning experience is welcome but we will train you fully if you don’t have any experience (it is an essential requirement of this job to either have experience or be willing to learn)
Skills and Knowledge
- An ability to lift and move a variety of equipment such as trolleys, floor polishing equipment and hoovers
- Ability to adhere to standards and procedures and to accept and prioritise instructions
- An ability to be flexible and able to adapt to new or different working practices, or work in other departments to meet the needs of the service
- An ability to communicate well with others such as other colleagues, clinical staff, or patients
- Able to work well as part of a team but also to work unsupervised
- Able to work alongside patients who might display challenging or upsetting behaviour
- You will need to be able to meet the mobility requirements of the job
Education and Qualifications
- In order to follow safety notices and work with cleaning products you will need basic levels of literacy and numeracy (this is an essential requirement of this job)
The items in this job description are not exhaustive and all staff are employed on NTW Solutions terms and conditions not NHS terms and conditions.