We provide specialist planning services to clients throughout the UK.
With an emphasis on adding value and delivering optimal planning outcomes in the built and non-built environment, we maximise development potential of land and buildings for both public and private sector clients.
Our professional services are bespoke to our client’s needs and aspirations.
Embedded within the NHS, we provide unique insight into development of both private and public estates, health, education, industry and private estates. We understand the need for our clients to maximise the utility and value of their estate while minimizing planning risk, within their particular business and regulatory setting.
Our advice is clear and comprehensive.
Setting out options and timescales, we achieve optimal strategies to achieve our clients’ goals.
Core services include:
- Asset or estate property portfolio planning appraisal to assess prospects to realise value
- Pre-application planning enquiry
- Preparing and submitting all types of planning application
- Drafting planning statements, retail assessments and Design & Access Statements
- Working with the project team and managing the planning requirements
- Working with NTW Solutions Capital Projects team to deliver optimal development outcomes
- Liaising with Local Planning Authorities and statutory consultees
- Pursuing planning appeals
- Representing clients’ interests within Local Planning Policy formulation
- Collating and submitting information for submission to satisfy planning conditions and obligations
- Public engagement within or outwith the planning system – delivering public consultation and engagement events.
Katherine Brooker has over 20 years’ town planning experience, providing strategic and site specific planning advice for public and private sector clients. Katherine’s clients have included: health trusts, universities, government departments, logistics companies, organic and inorganic chemical companies, manufacturers, developers, waste operators and land owners.
She has experience in an extensive range of projects including: realisation of surplus public and commercial sector assets for development/disposal; securing planning permissions to achieve best possible value of land and property; planning appraisals; project co-ordination, representing clients’ interests through the Development Plan process; and drafting area specific planning policy documents.
Katherine has worked across CNTW estate for a period of 12 years (most recently Northgate Hospital, Ferndene Hospital, CEDAR Project), providing the full range of planning services to the Trust relating to their clinical operation and buildings, and their realisation of surplus assets providing maximum value of assets to achieve a receipt back into the Trust upon disposal. Katherine provided planning advice to health trusts to de-risk the disposal of surplus land: obtaining planning permission for redevelopment of Walkergate Hospital for residential use, and providing planning advice on the disposal of The Centre for Aging and Vitality (securing policy allocation for mixed use redevelopment) and residential allocation of Sanderson Hospital.